Last Updated: December 8, 2019
- What is Personal Information?
- How We Use Personal Information
- Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
- Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
- Personal Information Transferred from the U.S.
- Children’s Privacy
- Other Websites and Sites, Including Social Media
- How to Contact Us
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that, alone or in combination with other information, can be used on its own or with other information to identify or contact you. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and online identifiers.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing our Site to you;
- Analyzing, administering, and improving the Site;
- Processing payment information and fulfilling orders for products sold on the Site;
- Enabling secure use of the Site;
- Sending information and promotional materials;
- Advertising our products and services;
- Responding to inquiries or reports of misconduct;
- Protecting our rights or our property;
- Meeting legal obligations; and
- For other purposes related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information.
3. Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
A. Information You Provide to Us
In various places on the Site, we request information from you via forms. The exact information we need to collect (including Personal Information) will depend on the purpose of the form.
For example, when you sign up for our “Friends List,” you provide your first name, last name, and email address. If you want to make a purchase, we will also collect information needed to complete the order and ship you the product, including payment information (which is processed securely through a third-party payment processor).
We will indicate on the form whether a particular field of information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide requested services.
B. Information We Automatically Collect from You
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Site:
- Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
If you are a Facebook user, and if you interact with our advertisements, we will collect at least the following information about you: name, email, gender, birthday, current city, profile picture, IP Address, browser type, and your interactions with us. In addition, we may collect more information depending on whether you have allowed us to collect it based on your user settings. This includes: Networks, friends list, pages, interests, information about how you interact with your friends, profile information, posts you have “liked,” contact information, status updates, calendar of events, whether or not you are online, “check ins” and friends that have checked you in, and posts or pictures you are tagged in.
- Log File Information
When you use our Site, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you, which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Site to help secure the Site by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Site to improve the Site’s function and content.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Our Site Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating the Site or providing our products and services. For example, we engage third parties to provide analytics services, advertising, and e-commerce. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
5. How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We protect the confidentiality and security of information we obtain in the course of business. We use commercially reasonable safeguards, such as industry-standard encryption technology and malware screening, to help keep the information collected through the Site (including credit card information) secure.
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
6. Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
Users of the Site may log into the Site and correct or update certain Personal Information.
If you would like to otherwise access, update, or delete Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to email@example.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law.
7. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website and Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 9756 S. Sandy Parkway, Sandy, UT 84070.
8. Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
With your permission, we may send notifications, promotions, or other information via email (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. Please note that certain Site-related Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Site (e.g., to verify the phone number associated with your account) and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
9. Personal Information Transferred from the U.S.
10. Children’s Privacy
Children are expressly prohibited from using the Site. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
11. Other Websites and Sites, Including Social Media
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained within them. A link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties.
13. How to Contact Us